[Gluster-infra] More proxy cleanup coming

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Aug 23 15:52:28 UTC 2018

Le jeudi 15 mars 2018 à 15:35 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> So now we have a new proxy (yes, I am almost as proud of it as the
> firewall), I need to move the old service on the old proxy to the new
> one. It will imply some time of unavailability, because DNS has
> latency
> to propagate, and we need DNS in place for letsencrypt before
> deploying. And we still have DNS issue on the server side that make
> change take far more longer than before.
>
> While I can manually do some magic, I rather avoid manual fiddling
> when
> I can, so I would like people to tell how critical are each of theses
> domain so I can figure the best way, e.g, can they be down for 10 to
> 20
> minutes for a while, do people want to know some time in advance,
> etc:
>
> - bits.gluster.org
> - ci-logs.gluster.org
> - softserve.gluster.org
> - fstat.gluster.org
>
> I also plan to move jenkins (so build.gluster.org) on the said proxy,
> and the jenkins stage instance, and later move the VM to the internal
> network.
>
> While the stage instance is not a problem, I guess we need to find
> some
> time for the prod one.

So nobody answered to me on theses, so I am gonna assume "not overly
critical" and switch DNS over a weekend. I will try to make it non
disruptive as possible, but that's DNS, and most of the time out of
control for me. The biggest issue is that we need DNS to work for let's
encrypt, and let's encrypt to do the deployment of the vhost. And so
can't do the vhost in advance, or at least, not too much.

So chicken and egg issues.

Not this weekend, but around the start of september.

The proxy did successfully renew letsencrypt certificate 3 days ago, so
I consider it to be working good enough for switching to it.

Then I will decommission the old VM.