[Gluster-infra] [shadow-it] Portmortem for gluster jenkins disk full outage on the 15th of August

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 09:32:09 UTC 2018

Le mercredi 15 août 2018 à 11:10 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Hi folks,
>
> So Gluster jenkins disk was full today (cause outages do not respect
> public holiday in India (Independance day) and France(Assumption)),
> here is the post mortem for your reading pleasure
>
> Date: 15/08/2018
>
> Service affected:
>   Jenkins for Gluster (jenkins-el7.rht.gluster.org)
>
> Impact:
>
>   No jenkins job could be triggered.
>
> Root cause:
>
>   A disk full mainly because we got new jobs and more patches, so
> regular growth.
>
> Resolution:
>
>   Increased the disk by 30G, and investigating if cleanup could be
>   improved. This did require a reboot.
>
> [....]
>
> Action items:
> - (misc) see what can be done for myrmicinae (the hypervisor where
> jenkins is running) since there is no more space.

So I looked at myrmicinae, and:
- we have only 23G free for VMs

- there is a 300G partition for the old VM of jenkins/gerrit that we
migrated last november. I kept it to be able to recover if needed, but
I guess that's no longer needed.

I will sync with Nigel to make extra sure that we can remove this
partition.