[Gluster-infra] Fwd: [Gluster-Maintainers] Master branch lock down for stabilization (unlocking the same)

Shyam Ranganathan srangana at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 00:36:55 UTC 2018


Request you to reinstate merge rights for all maintainers, as per the
mail below.


-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Gluster-Maintainers] Master branch lock down for stabilization
(unlocking the same)
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 20:35:19 -0400
From: Shyam Ranganathan <srangana at redhat.com>
To: Gluster Devel <gluster-devel at gluster.org>, GlusterFS Maintainers
<maintainers at gluster.org>


So we have had master locked down for a week to ensure we only get fixes
for failing tests in order to stabilize the code base, partly for
release-5 branching as well.

As of this weekend, we (Atin and myself) have been looking at the
pass/fail rates on the tests, and whether we are discovering newer
failures of more of the same.

Our runs with patch sets 10->11->12 is looking better than where we
started, and we have a list of tests that we need to still fix.

But there are other issues and fixes that are needed in the code that
are lagging behind due to the lock down. The plan going forward is as

- Unlock master, and ensure that we do not start seeing newer failures
as we merge other patches in, if so raise them on the lists and as bugs
and let's work towards ensuring these are addressed. *Maintainers*
please pay special attention when merging patches.

- Address the current pending set of tests that have been identified as
failing, over the course of the next 2 weeks. *Contributors* continue
the focus here, so that we do not have to end up with another drive
towards the same in 2 weeks.

- At the end of 2 weeks, reassess master and nightly test status, and
see if we need another drive towards stabilizing master by locking down
the same and focusing only on test and code stability around the same.

Atin and Shyam
maintainers mailing list
maintainers at gluster.org

More information about the Gluster-infra mailing list