[Gluster-infra] Postmortem for Thursday's outage

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 11:40:59 UTC 2017

Le samedi 16 septembre 2017 à 18:42 +0530, Nigel Babu a écrit :
> Hello folks,
>
> ## Pending Actions
> * Michael to figure out if there is a bug in the new DHCP daemon, or
> if
> things
>   changed Rackspace side.
> * Michael to finish move of salt-master into the cage
>   (ant-queen.int.rht.gluster.org) to prevent further issues.
> * Nigel to send a note to Rackspace support to fix their
> documentation.

So, just to give a update:
- salt-master got moved.
- the dhcp stuff seems to be related to cloud-init. I spent a few hours
trying to understand the issue, but it seems that cloud-init reset the
interface to use dhcp, and then fail. I suspect this was due to 7.4
upgrade.

Others VM got hit (freeipa, for example), but I now found a quick way
to fix, by using the internal rackspace network.