[Gluster-infra] Jenkins Nodes changes

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Oct 11 13:10:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 06:29:47PM +0530, Amar Tumballi wrote:
> Thanks for the link Niels.
>
> I was thinking of similar setup. Didn't knew it existed. Now, question is,
> can I have an tar.gz also here? and can we include experimental branch here?

Sure, the tar.gz can be added easily. It is part of the src.rpm that
should be available there too. You can send a pull request for this
script to add the tar.gz if you like:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/centos-ci/scripts/nightly-builds.sh

The experimental branch can be added too, you'll need to modify these
two Jenkins Job Builder files for that:
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/centos-ci/jobs/build_rpms.yml
  https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/centos-ci/jobs/nightly-rpm-builds.yml

And because the release-* branches are detected like != 'master', it
needs an update to the nightly-builds.sh script linked above as well.

> Another suggestion, should we have a 'date' wise organization of these
> folders?

This is kept as simple as possible, the git commit is part of the
release so it should be easy to find the date. Also the file listing
lists the date of the build. Not sure what benefit there would be when
we put the date somewhere in there. We can create subdirectories with
the date for each build if needed, the YUM repository can be generated
with RPMs in subdirectories. What is the advantage or practical use-case
you see?

Niels