[Gluster-infra] What does the outcome of a build-test-deploy pipeline look like? [was: Re: [Gluster-users] Gluster Summit BOF - Testing]

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:38:39 UTC 2017

I wanted to latch on to this thread to seek additional detail about
the build-test-deploy pipeline. There has been a number of
conversations; some headway and planning around the topic. What does
the team visualize as the outcome of the pipeline? How far away is the
project from delivering that outcome at a PR/nightly level?

The context to these questions are a need to ascertain when the
project would be able to transparently and publicly provide
information to the user community about the stability and state of a
build; including the coverage of features included in that particular
release as well as bugs which have been validated to be fixed.

The other part is of course around how to build more community around
this important part of the project and not have a limited number of
individuals (and an even fewer number of domain experts) try to solve
this. As we see participation in the community from organizations
other than RHT, how can they be involved in the process of improving,
extending, federating the usage of the test framework and tests?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>