[Gluster-infra] Weird branches in the glusterfs repository on GitHub

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Mon May 1 07:21:22 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 12:05:51PM +0530, Nigel Babu wrote:
> The first one is a Gerrit configuration branch and it *should* be there.

Well, the configuration seems to be old (last updated 1+ year ago). So
it probably was sync'd occasionally to GitHub, but not with any recent
changes? I've never noticed the branch in GitHub before, but maybe I'm
mistaking and it always was there.

> The other two, well, I recommend asking around to see who created those
> branches. There's no "sync script". We sync all of what's in Gerrit over to
> Github. If it's there, it means someone created it on Gerrit.

No, these do not seem to be in Gerrit. There are (or were) quite a few
people with push privileges to the GitHub glusterfs repository. Maybe
someone pushed directly there without going through Gerrit? I don't know
of any way to check who pushes to to a repository, but maybe someone on
this list does and can check?

Niels