[Gluster-infra] Dropping nightly build from download.gluster.org ?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Mar 23 21:29:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

so I am trying to run aide on a download.gluster.org mirror for more
security (rational being that if d.g.o is compromised a separate server
wouldn't, but that mean that we sync the data on a regular basis), and I
did hit a few issue, mostly around space.

One of the issue was the size of static analysis logs, but we will move
them out of d.g.o. (28G of logs...)

Another one is the presence of nightlies snapshots on that server,
around 52G of data.

There is for example 20G of gluster-3.7 snapshot, and I think we could
remove them now (until we push them to a separate download server as
well).

Do we still need them ?

in fact, who here would be volunteer to spend time with me to make a
decision about cleaning the directories, since there is lots of stuff
where the hierarchy is slightly suboptimal.

For example:
# ls
dgo-nightly  glusterfs  glusterfs-3.3  glusterfs-3.4  glusterfs-3.5
glusterfs-3.6  glusterfs-3.7  sources

glusterfs has no specific version, but the others do. It also show
fedora 23 as the most recent version.
sources contains all the source on a flat directory structure.

Another example:
pub/gluster/glusterfs has various directory for versions of glusterfs,
but also do have libvirt, vagrant and nfs-ganesha, who are not version,
and might be rather served from a directory upstream (in fact,
nfs-ganesha and glusterfs-coreutils are also on
https://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/ )