[Gluster-infra] Request for right permission levels on gluster-block github project

Prasanna Kalever pkalever at redhat.com
Mon Mar 20 18:18:24 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 6:27 PM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Le lundi 20 mars 2017 à 14:47 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay a écrit :
>> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > Please file a bug.
>> >

>> I see this very frequently - what can be done to ensure that filing a
>> RHBZ is the first step towards a request?
>
> We can start to ask to people why they use the list rather bugzilla. It
> could be lack of clarity on our part, or that bugzilla is too
> cumbersome.

+1. Choosing the right component is of-course not straight for filing
a bug for the first time in any new area (though
project-infrastructure is very opt & meaningful)

In my case, I was not sure whether "asking for access on something"
(for self only) really needs a bug ?  (thought, talking to right one
on infra list will solve my problem and  this is simple than RHBZ)

My be I'm wrong, but this is all my personal opinion.

I should agree, its always better to have a tracker (may be in RHBZ or
somewhere else) but for tasks which might not take much time, I
sometimes feel process is an overhead :p

Thanks,
--
prasanna