[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] RPM build failures post-mortem

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Mar 17 12:41:26 UTC 2017

> After the restart, our Jenkins server has accidentally had a fr_FR locale.

I know this was probably frustrating for you (and possibly others as well), but I have to admit it gave me a good chuckle.

<montypython>
"Of course I'm French!  Why else would I have this outrrrrrageous French error message?"
</montypython>

Key takeaway is that internationalization isn't always good for you.  Some of you might also recall when we discovered that putting LC_COLLATE=C in run-tests.sh boosted performance.