[Gluster-infra] Gerrit and Jenkins status

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jun 26 15:41:11 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

We had downtimes today for both Gerrit and Jenkins related upgrades. The Gerrit
upgrade went very smoothly. We will need to figure out a date in the short-term
where we'll upgrade to the next major release.

The Jenkins upgrade caused some issues causing some downtime. The latest
version of Jenkins requires Java 1.8, so even though Jenkins itself was back
online with 5 minutes, I had to go around installing Java on all the nodes. For
CentOS nodes, this was trivial. So we were back up and running for most jobs
that block patches within the downtime window. NetBSD jobs took some more time
as I figured out the best way to go about fixing this problem.

As far as I can see, there are no java-1.8 packages for NetBSD 6 (we run smoke
on NetBSD 6). I've therefore upgraded our smoke jobs to run on NetBSD 7.

Please let me know if there are any problems with Gerrit or Jenkins.

--
nigelb