[Gluster-infra] [Bug 1457824] New: New branch for 'glusterfs' project called 'experimental '
bugzilla at redhat.com
bugzilla at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 11:44:29 UTC 2017
Bug ID: 1457824
Summary: New branch for 'glusterfs' project called
Assignee: bugs at gluster.org
Reporter: atumball at redhat.com
CC: bugs at gluster.org, gluster-infra at gluster.org
Description of problem:
* This is where one can push any conceptual changes for review and get it
- To make sure we don't delay, after every 1 week if there are no merges, a
patch would be merged. (If there are no -1).
- Manually, it can be merged even before.
* Review comments on this branch is absolutely about concept and design, and no
nitpicks. even ./rfc.sh would be changed to allow (with a question) even in
case of Errors.
* All fundamental changes (like file type in GFID, DHT layout changes, etc)
gets merged here first, and once baked can be taken as a single patch and get
merged in master, which would make it to next release branch cut.
* This branch would have life for 6 months, and after 6 months a new branch
would be cut-off from master, so any features which can't be stabilized in 6
months, needs to be rebased at least once in 6 months to new branch. This way,
it would be much easier for everyone to experiment their ideas.
* As this branch doesn't need a bugzilla ID to work, having github issues (for
an RFE) would be must. Not having github ID can fetch -1 review points.
* Decision to merge the changes to upstream is left to the discretion of
author, who can cherry-pick and push changes to master, when she/he thinks it
is ready to be consumed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
branch out from current 'master' branch
## Additional info:
* This branch will have merge permission for 'amarts' user on github.
* It needs to run smoke test to verify the patch and will have a scoring system
of +2 for review (1 automatic score, another manual) once met, it can be
* It should run all the current 8hrs tests once in a week, and rpm used for the
tests should be given for download.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Unsubscribe from this bug https://bugzilla.redhat.com/token.cgi?t=DfvroQw4Cr&a=cc_unsubscribe
More information about the Gluster-infra