[Gluster-infra] Cronjob on jenkins server ?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 21:13:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

so while trying to figure why I can't install a F25 as I want on our
virt host, i stumbled on jenkins being at 100% cpu.

The reason was a make process, started like this:
56 * * * * jenkins cd /d/cache && /usr/bin/make

and there is a makefile there like this:
.PHONY: all

all::
	-rm -rf tmp
	mkdir tmp
	cd tmp && git clone git://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/glusterfs.git
> /dev/null
	-mv glusterfs glusterfs~ && mv tmp/glusterfs . && rm -rf glusterfs~

SWIFT_TARBALL = $(shell grep -v gluster glusterfs/sources | cut -d ' '
-f 3)
# SWIFT_MD5SIG = $(shell grep -v gluster glusterfs/sources | cut -d ' '
-f 1)
SWIFT_VERS = $(shell echo $(SWIFT_TARBALL) | grep -o 1\.[0-9]\.[0-9])
FOLSOM_URL =
https://launchpad.net/swift/folsom/1.7.4/+download/swift-1.7.4.tar.gz
GRIZZLY_URL =
https://launchpad.net/swift/grizzly/1.8.0/+download/swift-1.8.0.tar.gz

all::
	-cd tmp && curl -sOL $(FOLSOM_URL)
	-cd tmp && curl -sOL $(GRIZZLY_URL)
	-mv tmp/*.tar.gz .
	rmdir tmp

I am not exactly sure on why we need to download swift tarball from
grizzly, nor why we need to get a up to date version of glusterfs
package.

Should I remove that cronjob, or should I push to ansible ?