[Gluster-infra] Jenkins authentication with Github

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 08:35:20 UTC 2017

Hello folks,

In testing the Jenkins upgrade, I learned that we allow Jenkins read access to
/etc/shadow to allow Unix authentication. In addition to this, our
authentication was open to brute force attacks and hard to keep the user list
updated. To ease these pains, we've switched Jenkins authentication to
Github.

If you had a shell account on build.gluster.org to authenticate with Jenkins,
this account will soon be deactivated. Please get in touch if you continue to
need access.

--
nigelb