[Gluster-infra] Dingdong, the witch is dead (ie, salt migration phase 1 is finished)

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue Sep 27 13:36:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

so as of 20 minutes ago for
https://github.com/gluster/gluster.org_ansible_configuration/commit/d1ef53725af6a55b5c60eaa6e916b05d38897aa8 (and the 5 or 6th subsequent fixes I had to do), we are no longer using salt for the configuration of any server, all is ansible (by all, I mean "all that was in salt", we still need to automate several things, and switch to shared roles)

We still use the salt-bus for now, even if we are more and more moving
to using ssh for ansible instead of the bus .

Next step is to move and rename the salt-master server to the community
cage, see if we can protect it a bit more (like, using a bastion), etc.