[Gluster-infra] Zuul?

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:10:39 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 3:27 PM, Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd brought up Zuul a long while back. The opinion then was that,
> while a gatekeeper is nice, we didn't want to maintain anymore infra
> over what we had at the time. We tried to make Jenkins itself do the
> work, which hasn't succeeded as well as we hoped.
>
> With you being dedicated to maintain the infra, this will be a nice
> time to revisit/investigate Zuul again.

I'd propose that concerns of maintenance/administration be separated
from the value accrued by this move. This approach worked out well
during the JJB task.

So, a question for Nigel - when you propose Zuul - what is the flow
and benefits that you see being available to the project? Have you
previously worked with Zuul or, can cite situations where adoption of
Zuul has helped?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>