[Gluster-infra] Gerrit Outage today

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon May 23 06:07:26 UTC 2016

I was trying to clone gluster this morning and noticed that it was awfully
slow and then completely stopped responding. I've restarted gerrit and it
seems to work much better.

This has proven that my monitoring of gerrit works though, so we can, in
the future, know of these outages before someone reports them.

For future reference
1) A HTTP call to the gerrit API will fail if gerrit is unhappy.
2) We're limited by CPU rather than RAM when gerrit doesn't respond. This
may help us debug what we're doing wrong with our setup.

--
nigelb