[Gluster-infra] Access to Jenkins

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 15:44:16 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

We have 45 people who have access to Jenkins UI. Pretty much everyone will be
losing this access in the next couple of weeks.

At the moment, I understand that access to the UI is essential for configuring
jobs. I’m going to change this in the near future. Jenkins Job Builder[1] will
talk to Jenkins to create/update jobs. Job information will be managed as a
collection of yaml files. If you want a new job, you can give us a pull request
with the correct format. The jobs will then be updated (probably via Jenkins).
You will then no longer need access to Jenkins to create or manage jobs. In
fact, editing the jobs in the UI will make the YAML files out of sync.

Before we start this process, I’d love to know if you use your Jenkins access.
If you do use it, please let me know off-list what you use it for.

[1]: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/jjb.html

--
nigelb