[Gluster-infra] Putting the netbsd builders in the ansible pool ?

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 12:29:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 08:44:40PM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > The only issue I face is that you flagged most of /usr as unchangeable,
> > and I do not know how cleanly it would be to remove the flags before
> > applying changes and apply that again with the current layout of our
> > ansible roles. But I will figure something out.
>
> I did this because of a glusterfs bug that overrote random file with
> logs.
>
> I tend to use it that way to overrite a file:
> cat hosts | ssh root at host "chflags nouchg /etc/hosts; cat > /etc/hosts;
> chflags uchg /etc/hosts"
>
> --
> Emmanuel Dreyfus
> http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
> manu at netbsd.org

Hi Emmanuel,

I was trying to debug a build failure and I've accidentally gone and run `rm -r
$WORSPACE/*` with $WORKSPACE undefined. This is effectively an `rm -r /*`. How
can I remove this machine and bring up a fresh instance of a netbsd7 machine?
The machine in question is nbslave7g.cloud.gluster.org.

There's also a few more netbsd machines that have been disabled for build
failures that I'd like to rebuild and bring back online. We're running
a slightly backlog of netbsd7 jobs because of the number of machines that have
had failures and we've removed from the pool.

--
nigelb