[Gluster-infra] Bash scripts for Jenkins jobs

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Jun 13 08:31:42 UTC 2016

Hello folks,

We define shell scripts inside the Jenkins job[1], which Jenkins allows you to do
for flexibility. The ideal workflow is that the xml for the job is updated
every time the job is changed, but this does not always happen.

I'd like to propose that we split this script into a bash script. This means
when changes are made, we're all aware of it and there's a code review for
these changes.

What this means is that there will be the following files:

jenkins/job/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered.xml
jenkins/script/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered.sh

The job will call it's corresponding bash script.

I'm happy to do the initial conversion. What does everyone think about this
change of process?

[1]: https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/rackspace-regression-2GB-triggered.xml#L107

--
nigelb