[Gluster-infra] Investigating random votes in Gerrit

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:22:56 UTC 2016

In addition to the builder issues we're having, we are also facing
problems with jenkins voting/commenting randomly.

The comments generally link to older jobs for older patchsets, which
were run about 2 months back (beginning of April). For example,
https://review.gluster.org/14665 has a netbsd regression +1 vote, from
a job run in April for review 13873, and which actually failed.

Another observation that I've made is that these fake votes sometime
provide a -1 Verified. Jenkins shouldn't be using this flag anymore.

These 2 observations, make me wonder if another jenkins instance is
running somewhere, from our old backups possibly? Michael, could this
be possible?

To check from where these votes/comments were coming from, I tried
checking the Gerrit sshd logs. This wasn't helpful, because all logins
apparently happen from 127.0.0.1. This is probably some firewall rule
that has been setup, post migration, because I see older logs giving
proper IPs. I'll require Michael's help with fixing this, if possible.

I'll continue to investigate, and update this thread with anything I find.

~kaushal