[Gluster-infra] Move of the ci.gluster.org server from one location to another location

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 11:05:11 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 06:21:33AM -0400, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 07/27/2016 05:18 PM, Amye Scavarda wrote:
> >

> > From the latest updates on the cage list, it looks like we're tracking
> > for these moves/downtime for August 8-9? That'll be Monday-Tuesday.
> > Any complaints about that schedule?
>
> 3.8.x releases are scheduled for the 10th of each month. In yesterday's
> Community meeting Niels said that 3.8.2 is planned to be released on
> schedule.
>
> If this goes as planned then it shouldn't be a problem, right?

We just need to make sure that all patches for 3.8.2 have been tested in
the CI before the move. It shortens the development cycle a few days,
and it would have been nice to know a little more in advance and
mentioned in the community meeting.

I do not think there are any critical patches for the release, so I do
not expect any problems with the outage either. (Although it really
isn't nice to treat 3.8 releases as guinea pig for infrastructure
changes.)

Niels