[Gluster-infra] Netbsd security issue (local root escalation), removed setuid flag on mail.local

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 16:00:30 UTC 2016

Hi,

after seeing http://akat1.pl/?id=2 (local root escalation), I removed
the setuid flag on the mail.local on all netbsd builders who were up.
Since we are not using mail for anything, i suspect this should cause
any trouble.

For reference, I used this:

$ ansible -i /tmp/host -u root -m shell -a 'chflags
nouchg /usr/libexec/mail.local && chmod -s /usr/libexec/mail.local &&
chflags uchg /usr/libexec/mail.local'  all -e
"ansible_python_interpreter=/usr/pkg/bin/python2.7"

with this lists of hosts:
$ cat /tmp/host
[netbsd]
netbsd0.cloud.gluster.org
netbsd7.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave70.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave70.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave79.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave71.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave7c.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave72.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave7g.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave74.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave7h.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave75.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave7i.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave77.cloud.gluster.org
nbslave7j.cloud.gluster.org

howver, nbslave72.cloud.gluster.org and nbslave71.cloud.gluster.org
seems to be down, I know nigel is looking at it, so I will let him take
care of them.