[Gluster-infra] The old gluster.org/community/documentation is still found by our users...

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 08:14:45 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 01:56:30PM -0400, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
> <top post>
> I have archived the old community documention (in
> /root/old-community-documenation.tgz) and set up a redirect to our
> documentation on readthedocs.io.
> </top post>

Thanks! It is good to see some progress here.

However we should improve the redirection in such a way that any URL
starting with gluster.org/community/documentation/ gets pointed to the
new site.  There was a plan to map all pages to their right new
location, but that seems rather painful to do. A generic redirect would
still allow existing search results, bookmarks or links on other pages
reach the new docs.

Maybe Misc could put that in the webserver config? Or someone could
write an index.php (that was in all URLs anyway, right?) that does the
redirection.

Thanks,
Niels