[Gluster-infra] Smoke tests run on the builder in RH DC (at least)

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Jan 26 08:47:09 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 08:55:39AM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le lundi 25 janvier 2016 à 22:24 +0100, Niels de Vos a écrit :
> > On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 06:59:33PM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > so today, after fixing one last config item, the smoke test jobs run
> > > fine on the Centos 6 builder in the RH DC, which build things as non
> > > root, then start the tests, then reboot the server.
> >
> > Nice, sounds like great progress!
> >
> > Did you need to change anything in the build or test scripts under
> > /opt/qa? If so, please make sure that the changes land in the
> > repository:
> >
> >   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/
>
> So far, I mostly removed code that was running on the jenkins script
> (ie, the cleanup part that kill process), and added a reboot at the end.
> Not sure I want to have that in the script :)

We also have the Jenkins scripts in the jenkins/jobs directory there.
They got exported with the jenkins-cli "get-job" command. If we make
changes to the Jenkins jobs, we should update the xml files in the
repository with a note about the change. It help to have a history of
the jobs, and when/why something was changed.

> > > Now, I am looking at the fedora one, but once this one is good, I will
> > > likely reinstall a few builders as a test, and go on Centos 7 builder.
> >
> > I'm not sure yet if I made an error, or what is going on. But for some
> > reason smoke tests for my patch series fails... This is the smoke result
> > of the 1st patch in the serie, it only updates the fuse-header to a
> > newer version. Of course local testing works just fine... The output and
> > (not available) logs of the smoke test do not really help me :-/
> >
> >   https://build.gluster.org/job/smoke/24395/console
> >
> > Could this be related to the changes that were made? If not, I'd
> > appreciate a pointer to my mistake.
>
> No, I tested on a separate job to not interfere.

Ok, thanks :)

> > > I was also planning to look at jenkins job builder for the jenkins, but
> > > no time yet. Will be after jenkins migration to a new host (which is
> > > still not planned, unlike gerrit where we should be attempting to find a
> > > time for that)
> >
> > We also might want to use Jenkins Job Builder for the tests we're adding
> > to the CentOS CI. Maybe we could experiment with it there first, and
> > then use our knowledge to the Gluster Jenkins?
>
> Why not. I think it would work fine on our too, as i am not sure it need
> to completely take over the server configuration.

I dont have any experience with JBB, and have no idea how it works. Our
Gluster Jenkins does not have many changes in the jobs, so maybe there
is no need for it? I really dont know. But, you might be able to spend
your time in a more useful way until we find out ;-)

Niels