[Gluster-infra] Switching from salt to ansible ?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 15:45:53 UTC 2016

Le lundi 04 janvier 2016 à 17:27 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> - salt in epel is still using a old version ( for dependencies reasons
> ). While this is working well enough, it make contributing quite
> difficult, and prevent using some new features that are needed.

of course, the fun is that freebsd is shipping the new version, and it
break:
# salt -t 60 'freebsd0.cloud.gluster.org' test.ping
freebsd0.cloud.gluster.org:
    'test' __virtual__ returned False
ERROR: Minions returned with non-zero exit code

SO yeah, keeping minion and server at the same level if a bit annoying
unless we ship our own packages. And while I could do that, I am not
sure I want to become a expert in all possible packages managers...