[Gluster-infra] Download.gluster.org 27 April 2016 postmortem

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Thu Apr 28 14:31:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:55 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 01:54:10PM -0700, Amye Scavarda wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Mike Hulsman <mike at hulsman.net> wrote:
> >

> > > Quoting Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com>

> http://ovirt-infra-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/General/Mirror.html

> just
> awful

> dig
> > >>
> > > I offered to mirror gluster to ftp.nluug.nl
> > > We already mirror Ovirt for a while, and are happy to setup a mirror
> for
> > > gluster.
> > > Our bandwidth is 10Gb, and we are located in Amsterdam, the
> netherlands.
> > > I am happy to setup a mirror.
> > >
> > > Mike Hulsman

> > I've reached out to our metrics team to see what happens to our download
> > metrics if we have a mirror, as being able to have accurate project
> metrics
> > is pretty important.
> >
> > I'll let you know what solution they come up with and we'll move forward
> > from there.
>
> We already provide Gluster RPMs in many different distributions. For all
> I know, we do not have access to statistics from most of them. Just to
> list the ones that I can think of immediately: Fedora, CentOS Storage
> SIG, Debian, Ubuntu LaunchPad, Arch, NetBSD port, FreeBSD port.
>
> And then there are several cloud providers with their own caching
> proxies and internal mirrors...
>
> How accurate could our download statistics be?
>
> Niels

This isn't a question about RPMs, this is about what we're providing
directly from download.gluster.org.

However, if we can get apache logs from the mirror connected to Bitergia's
dashboards, that will work, they don't have a problem with adding in
another apache log.
- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead