[Gluster-infra] Download.gluster.org 27 April 2016 postmortem

Amye Scavarda amye at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 20:54:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Mike Hulsman <mike at hulsman.net> wrote:

> Quoting Kaushal M <kshlmster at gmail.com>:
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com>
>> wrote:

>>> That could be a solution.
>>>
>>> But we have the ressources to host a mirror ourself in the DC, it just
>>> need a ip address, and a migration of servers (which is taking a awful
>>> lot of time to happen :/ ).
>>>
>>> One issue we would have with a mirror is on the download stats.
>>>
>>> This and the need to have a mirrorlist, not sure how that's done on
>>> dnf/yum side theses days.
>>>

>> Someone recently offered to mirror download.gluster.org (I need to dig
>> archives to find out who exactly). Didn't we take up their offer?
>>
> I offered to mirror gluster to ftp.nluug.nl
> We already mirror Ovirt for a while, and are happy to setup a mirror for
> gluster.
> Our bandwidth is 10Gb, and we are located in Amsterdam, the netherlands.
> I am happy to setup a mirror.
>
> Mike Hulsman
>

>>> --
>>> Michael Scherer
>>> Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure and Platform, OSAS

I've reached out to our metrics team to see what happens to our download
metrics if we have a mirror, as being able to have accurate project metrics
is pretty important.

I'll let you know what solution they come up with and we'll move forward
from there.

- amye

--
Amye Scavarda | amye at redhat.com | Gluster Community Lead