[Gluster-infra] Download.gluster.org 27 April 2016 postmortem

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 12:04:12 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 27 avril 2016 à 17:26 +0530, Kaushal M a écrit :
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 27 avril 2016 à 14:39 +0300, Eyal Edri a écrit :
> >> Excellent post-mortem!
> >>
> >> Do you think its worth adding mirrors to gluster repos like oVirt is doing?
> >> [1]
> >>
> >> [1] http://ovirt-infra-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/General/Mirror.html
> >
> > That could be a solution.
> >
> > But we have the ressources to host a mirror ourself in the DC, it just
> > need a ip address, and a migration of servers (which is taking a awful
> > lot of time to happen :/ ).
> >
> > One issue we would have with a mirror is on the download stats.
> >
> > This and the need to have a mirrorlist, not sure how that's done on
> > dnf/yum side theses days.
> >

> Someone recently offered to mirror download.gluster.org (I need to dig
> archives to find out who exactly). Didn't we take up their offer?

Do not seems so.

But my question regarding the download stats is still unaswered. Given
how critical they seems to be, I would like to be sure we have a plan.

A mirror is the first step, but then:
- how do we signal to people to use the mirror and the main server
- are we ok with the decrease of download by a unspecified amount of
data on the download stats side
- who will edit the website for the change