[Gluster-infra] Request to add more maintainers for DISTAF

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 07:32:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 12:06:39PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have now merged the first patch for Distaf libs and Distaf tests in
> Gluster git repo.[1]
> M S Vishwanath already has merge rights on gerrit for Gluster repo. I would
> like to propose Shwetha and Jonathan as additional maintainers for Distaf
> related code. If no one has any objections I request infra team to add them
> to maintainers group.
>
> [1]: http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13853/

Ai, yet an other patch merged for a 3.8 feature without reference to a
bug that tracks feature progress :-/ I wonder how people expect me to
keep track of all the 3.8 features... But, thats not what your email is
about.

I am not sure how many maintainers we need for our test framework. It is
more important that the changes get reviewed quickly and constructive
feedback is given on the change. So, I guess I'd prefer to wait with
adding more maintainers, and see how many changes add difstaf
tests-cases (hopyfully lots!).

Developers (which includes QE people!) can configure their Gerrit
account to send emails for changes affecting components of their
interest. Engineers that want to become maintainers of a component
should start by setting this up. A description of it has been included
in the Guidelines for Maintainers.

Once an aspiring maintainer thinks that he/she has enough experience in
reviewing changes and guiding improvements, a request (should also
include a personal introduction) can be sent to the maintainers list [3]
where we'll review+approve the request.

Thanks,
Niels

2. http://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Contributors-Guide/Guidelines-For-Maintainers/