[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] freebsd-smoke failures

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Sat Apr 2 14:54:23 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> On Sat, Apr 02, 2016 at 07:53:32AM -0400, Jeff Darcy wrote:
> > > IIRC, this happens because in the build job use "--enable-bd-xlator"
> > > option while configure
> >
> > I came to the same conclusion, and set --enable-bd-xlator=no on the
> > slave.  I also had to remove -Werror because that was also causing
> > failures.  FreeBSD smoke is now succeeding.
>
> Please make sure that this change also gets included in the repository:
>
>   https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests
>
> I always thought the bd-xlator was Linux only because it depends on LVM.
> Does anyone have an idea why this suddenly(?) got enabled on FreeBSD?

At first I thought it might have been because a Linux-specific version
got restored when the slave was rebooted a few days ago (something to
do with network changes at Rackspace IIRC).  The timing's right; that's
when the tests started failing consistently.  OTOH, that version also
has -Werror which has never worked on Linux AFAIK.  So it's still a bit
of a mystery.