[Gluster-infra] Filtering posts on Planet Gluster

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 15:38:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 03:12:07PM +0000, Jeff Darcy wrote:
> I just noticed that one of my non-Gluster-related blog posts from
> Platypus Reloaded is being syndicated on Planet Gluster.  That's
> probably not what we want to have happen, especially when I start
> writing about more controversial topics like gun control.  ;)  Back in
> the day, we had things set up so that my posts would be moderated, and
> only syndicated after manual review/approval.  We talked about setting
> it up so that only posts with a certain keyword would get syndicated,
> but that was never implemented.  Perhaps it's time to revisit that
> idea, not only for my own blog but others as well.  Who knows enough
> about the Planet Gluster underpinnings to talk about how we can
> accomplish this so that syndication of one's blog doesn't imply loss
> of control over what's safe to post?

It is the easiest if your blog offers filtered RSS feeds. Some blogs
have tags or categories that can be used in RSS feeds. If you have
something like that, please fix the feed with a pull request:

  https://github.com/gluster/planet-gluster/blob/master/data/feeds.yml

I am not aware of an other way...

Thanks,
Niels