[Gluster-infra] Upload / Sign RPMs to download.gluster.org

Jose Rivera jrivera at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 21:25:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Le mardi 24 novembre 2015 à 20:21 -0600, Jose Rivera a écrit :
>> Hello!
>>
>> Not sure who's all on this list, but my name's Jose and I used to be
>> nominally responsible for uploading upstream versions of the RHS
>> builds of Samba to download.gluster.org. I lapsed in this for a while.
>> I was about to upload the latest batch today, but was unable to login
>> to d.g.o. Username is/was jarrpa.
>>
>> If there's a newer and shinier workflow in place, I'd be happy to go
>> along with it, too. :)
>
> Hi,
> nope, we don't have yet.
> Following the last security issue, we decided to block access on
> download.gluster.org, and for now, only Kaleb (and me) have access, and
> we need to set a better process for that (ideally one that do not
> involve giving root access to lot of people, for one)
>
> Could you look with Kaleb for that ?
>
> Would a public_html directory in your home be ok, or there is something
> more regarding location ?
>
> --
> Michael Scherer
> Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure and Platform, OSAS

Ah, I see! Well, I only really need a few things:

 * I used to publish my uploads at
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/samba/, so I'd need
access to that directory again or a way to properly spam as many
people as might be interested that the location will change. A new
location should also ideally be somewhere official-looking, and not
attached to my name. These would be the official upstream versions of
our downstream RPMs. :)
 * I was asked to sign all these packages with the Gluster key. That
should probably continue to happen.

--Jose