[Gluster-infra] Centralized syslog, and freeipa in place

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 12:36:52 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 11:33:03PM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so i managed to finally make freeipa work as I want with salt, so now,
> any EL 7 system installed and added to salt is automatically added to
> freeipa.
>
> So that mean that we have a proper central authentication system, which
> can be used to distribute ssh keys as well, and can manage certificates.

Nice, great progress!

We currently have a "Workflow Guide" [1] that I would like to see
renamed to "Contributors Guide". I think that would be a suitable place
to start documenting bits about the infrastructure. Could you put some
things together there so that others can follow a little more what you
are doing?

> Which bring me to the 2nd part, ie secure syslog centralisation for the
> servers that we converted ( as I need to have a CA/ssl certification
> system for syslog over the internet ).
>
> next stuff to do:
> - make sure we have a replica of the freeipa setup
> - add more server in the pool ( for now, only a few EL7 are there )
> - convert the jenkins host to EL7 and start to use LDAP based access
>
> This also bring the question of "how do we give access", ie what kind of
> organisation do we want.

Could you give an example or suggestion on what you mean by this?

Thanks,
Niels

1. https://gluster.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Workflow-Guide/Index/