[Gluster-infra] DNS issues in Jenkins infrastructure and/or on build.gluster.org

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue May 19 09:09:03 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 08:50:46AM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:00:45AM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
> > I think there is a plan to decommission the current build.gluster.org
> > and move its services to a different server/datacenter. Hopefully DNS
> > will be more reliable soon.
>
> A local DNS on build.gluster.org will cache GlusterFS stuff and will
> speed up all DNS requests and make them more reliable at the same time.

Yes, as long as it caches the correct DNS answers. For the occasion that
the answer from the upstream DNS is incorrect, it will get cached as
well. This could result in a longer time for problems, I think.

I do not know what exactly is wrong with the DNS responses
build.gluster.org gets, or where the faults get introduced. Until we
understand what is going on, I'd be careful with caching those

Niels