[Gluster-infra] What is wrong with Jenkins

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Thu May 14 19:33:37 UTC 2015

Jenkins decided to throw one more VM in the always failing case. Usual
business, but I found a way to recover:

I changed the way Jenkins was supposed to connect to the VM: through a
command instead of SSH (I created ~/.ssh/id_rsa_nbslave for that)

/usr/bin/ssh -oLogLevel=ERROR -oBatchMode=yes -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no
-oUserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -i /var/lib/jenkins/.ssh/id_rsa_nbslave
jenkins at nbslave71.cloud.gluster.org "/usr/pkg/java/openjdk7/bin/java
-jar /home/jenkins/root/slave.jar"

It did not work, but revering to using SSH fixed the problem, and the VM
is now able to run jobs again.

But there are other frustrating failures: for instance this one was
disconnected during a run, I still wonder why:
http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-netbsd7-regression-triggered/5380

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz