[Gluster-infra] Root password reset on slave21.cloud.gluster.org

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 17:44:38 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 01:16:10PM -0400, Dan Lambright wrote:
> Im done with it. Im using slave48 now.
>
> It would be good if this was more self service. For example, I can
> disconnect a slave after logging into jenkins, but cannot login to the
> slave without knowing its root password. It appears one necessary step
> in the process is to reset the root password, and find Justin and
> Nieles for to do that. Could this process be simplified? e.g. a Groovy
> script, or some such?

We actually could setup a Jenkins job to reset the root password of
slaves. A similar thing is done for rebooting stuck VMs:

    http://build.gluster.org/job/reboot-vm/
    https://github.com/justinclift/glusterfs_patch_acceptance_tests/blob/master/rax-reboot/reboot-slave.py

Resetting the root password seems pretty simple:

    http://docs.rackspace.com/servers/api/v2/cs-devguide/content/Change_Password-d1e3234.html

I might look into doing that over the weekend. But, in case someone
wants to have a go at it, please let me know :-)

Niels