[Gluster-infra] Slave23 compromised

John Mark Walker jowalker at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 15:31:00 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> Le vendredi 06 mars 2015 à 10:25 -0500, John Mark Walker a écrit :
> > Ugh. Who setup this VM?
>
> It was likely justin, but I was the one who touched it last, as it was
> broken.
>
> I might have changed root password to be easy to remember while on
> rescue mode or something like this, and likely forgot about it, which
> would explain.
>
> So I guess my fault.

Sorry - I regret asking. Blaming folks isn't going to help. I just want to make sure we don't allow root password logins.

In your opinion, does it make sense to shut down root logins altogether and just make users "sudo"? Or allow root logins with the SSH key? I have no idea - especially for these VMs that are probably only going to have one user.

-JM