[Gluster-infra] New servers and usage for them

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 22:22:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

So back in december, and as part of the project to mvoe some of the
infra out of iweb, we got 2 servers to be hosted in RH DC. Due to
various reasons, they are not yet online, but I will try to get them
soon.

Since we are starting to get to the limit of the sponsored
infrastructure of Rackspace, Justin asked me to push that a bit ( as
this was planned to be just the webserver, and we were not in a hurry, I
didn't prioritize too much when they were plugged ).

The 2 servers are classic, 1 for web, 1 for the CI. Both are too big for
that, but it seems the only 2G server we can get nowadays would be a
phone, so we have 32G + plenty of proc and stuff. ( I do not have the
spec on top of my head ).

I have plan for the hosting of the webserver ( adding VM and stuff ).
For the CI, and discussing this morning with Justin, we are not sure on
what is the best way to use it, and wanted to discuss with the
community.

At first ( ie, 2 months ago ), the plan was just a jenkins master ( with
"we will see later what to do with the rest of the ressources" ).
However, "later" is now, and since we need a bit more slaves, the idea
was maybe to use part of the ressources for that.

One of the limitation we have is 1 single ipv4, no ipv6 (afaik).

So this can be a bit challenging to have a external master to go on a
slave behind a firewall. There is multiple solution to that problem
( VPN, moving the master on the server, having more than 1 server, etc,
etc), so what are people ideas, based on what we need and what we want ?

Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin