[Gluster-infra] Steps for nuking Gitorious spam

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Mar 2 22:28:09 UTC 2015

For anyone interested, these are the steps needed for nuking spam
comments in our present Gitorious based Gluster Forge:

  $ ssh -l root forge.gluster.org
  # cd /var/www/gitorious/repositories/
  >> User.find_by_login("spammerusername").comments.map(&:destroy)
  [output here]
  >> User.find_by_login("spammerusername").events.select { |e| e.action == 12 }.map(&:destroy)
  [output here]
  >> User.find_by_login("senlldy").destroy
  [output here]

That should remove the spam, and remove the user.

Also documented here:

  http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Removing_Forge_Spam

:)