[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] NetBSD regressions not being triggered for patches

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Jun 17 04:43:55 UTC 2015

Atin Mukherjee <amukherj at redhat.com> wrote:

> > That *might* result in lots of NetBSD regression failures later on and
> > we may end up with another round of fixups.
> Agreed, that's the known risk but we don't have any other alternatives atm.

I strongly disagree, we have a good alternative: configure a secondary
DNS on build.gluster.org for the cloud.gluster.org zone. I could do the
local configuration, but someone with administrative access will have to
touch primary configuration to allow zone transfer (and enable
notifications).

The current situation is that we have 14 NetBSD VM online and only 5 are
capable of running jobs because of various infrastructure configuration
problems, broken DNS being the first offender.

Another issue is the hanging NFS mounts (ps -axl shows dd stuck in wchan
tstile), for which I had a change merged that should fix the problem,
but only for rebased changes.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz