[Gluster-infra] migration to gerrithub.io ?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 13:37:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

so it was discussed during the meeting to see if we could go on
gerrithub.io. While i am not against the idea, I kinda always think of
"what if things go wrong" ( gitorious style ).

So I will ask them :
- can we have have access to a dump of the db to be imported to another
gerrit version
- can we have a way to make backup of the gerrit db
( so our own external backup )

The real question that is quite complicated to ask is "how can we be
reasonably sure the company will not disappear like gitorious did".

Obviously, no one will say anything but "yes" and "you can pay if you
want us to survive". And I guess I cannot see the future anyway. But how
could we assess that, especially as a community project ?

And does someone see something else we need to ask ?