[Gluster-infra] Possibility to move our Jenkins setup to the CentOS Jenkins infra

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat Jan 31 12:43:39 UTC 2015

Hi all,

One of the things which has been a fair drag for the developer part of
the Gluster Community, is maintaining our own Jenkins infrastructure.

When chatting with the CentOS guys (pre-FOSDEM) the other day, there is
the possibility we could use their Jenkins infrastructure instead.

They have a *bunch* of physical nodes (100+), and several other projects
are using it as well (Ceph, and others).

This would potentially make things easier for us, and they're not limited
to running things on CentOS either.  They already have FreeBSD nodes,
and don't foresee problems with getting NetBSD up and running.

At the moment, I'm kind of having the opinion this could be a good
way forward, and we should probably try out our smoke/regression scripting
on their setup to see if it's workable.

And if it turns out to be, then great, and we migrate all of our jenkins
there then decommission ours (including the master. :)

What do people reckon?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift