[Gluster-infra] blog.gluster.org should point to the new website

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 08:46:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 12:18:35AM +0100, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le mardi 27 janvier 2015 à 14:00 +0100, Niels de Vos a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > blog.gluster.org still seems to point to the old website. Can it be made
> > to point to gluster.org, or blog.gluster.org/blog instead?
>
> Wouldn't it break the existing links ?
>
> ( I am all for cleaning stuff, but that's a herculean task to put proper
> redirects, etc )

I would be surpised to see links pointing to pages on the old website,
but using blog.gluster.org as hostname. If people did that, I think they
deserve the broken links.

Getting rid of the old website would be good, many links are now broken
there. gluster.org/blog (the old url) points to blog.gluster.org, which
is less than optimal.

So, if someone could double-check, and fix the redirects, I would
appreciate that.

current URL      | correct destination
gluster.org/blog | blog.gluster.org/blog
blog.gluster.org | blog.gluster.org/blog

Hmm, and maybe this also fixes the "From the blog" area on gluster.org.
It seems that there are only older posts, and nothing after November
2014.

Thanks,
Niels