[Gluster-infra] Sonar in upstream Gerrit work flow

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 10:40:28 UTC 2015

Le lundi 12 janvier 2015 à 16:00 +0530, Lalatendu Mohanty a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We had few discussions around this in the past and here is what I
> remember about it.
>       * We have a free Sonar plug in license for a c, c++ project i.e.
>         GlusterFS.
>       * We want to integrate Sonar to Gerrit work flow, so that most
>         static code analysis issue will be automatically taken care
>         of.
>       * To do the above we need to upgrade the existing Gerrit to a
>         newer version, so that Sonar can work with it.
>       * To update the Gerrit we need to take backup of the current
>         Gerrit set-up first. Not sure what is the current status on
>         this.
>

> I think we should take this with more priority as it will help reduce
> import issues i.e. memory loss, crashes etc and improve the stability
> of the overall project.
>

> Greg (cc'ed) has very good experience in installing, configuring Sonar
> in Red Hat and he is willing to help us with this. I and Jonathan
> (cc'ed) also interested to help to make this happen.
>

> Can we please discuss this here and come up a plan? Looking forwards
> to comments, suggestions.

A gerrit upgrade is long overdue. However, the problem seems that the
upgrade would requires us to change the database type, and that's a
rather complex and risky operation.

I have no access to the gerrit server, so i have no idea of the state of
the server, so I guess this has to wait until Justin is back.
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin