[Gluster-infra] Sonar in upstream Gerrit work flow

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 10:30:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

We had few discussions around this in the past and here is what I
remember about it.

  * We have a free Sonar plug in license for a c, c++ project i.e.
    GlusterFS.
  * We want to integrate Sonar to Gerrit work flow, so that most static
    code analysis issue will be automatically taken care of.
  * To do the above we need to upgrade the existing Gerrit to a newer
    version, so that Sonar can work with it.
  * To update the Gerrit we need to take backup of the current Gerrit
    set-up first. Not sure what is the current status on this.

I think we should take this with more priority as it will help reduce
import issues i.e. memory loss, crashes etc and improve the stability of
the overall project.

Greg (cc'ed) has very good experience in installing, configuring Sonar
in Red Hat and he is willing to help us with this. I and Jonathan
(cc'ed) also interested to help to make this happen.

Can we please discuss this here and come up a plan? Looking forwards to
comments, suggestions.

Thanks,
Lala