[Gluster-infra] Require access to reboot slaves in Jenkins

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 09:50:53 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 11:32:29AM -0500, Shyam wrote:
> At times some slaves are offline or get into a state where the Jenkins agent
> just does not start. This situation seems to require a reboot of the slave,
> for which we/I need to contact one of the super-admins.
>
> This request it to provide the required access, so that I do not have to
> bother others for such problems :)

I would like to have a Jenkins job that takes a hostname of a slave and
reboots that. The Rackspace API should allow that pretty easily:
- http://docs.rackspace.com/servers/api/v2/cs-gettingstarted/content/summary_server_actions.html

I'll have a stab at that and see what I can get done.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to protect the username/apikey so
that is is not listed in the Jenkins script?

Thanks,
Niels