[Gluster-infra] Installation of ldap, and monitoring

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 14:10:30 UTC 2015

Hi,

so, I have 2 questions for the list:
- I would like to start using a ldap directory, since this would ease
the administration and account creation all over the place.

I did setup freeipa yesterday for another project ( smaller scale ), and
it was really fast and easy. Would someone be against the installation
of  a ldap server for gluster.org infra, and start to enroll the various
servers in it ?

To be clear, the idea would be to manage all servers with it, ie jenkins
too, and then start to use it to give shell access to the said servers.
We need then to work on what groups we want and what kind of access,
etc, but we can start small.

So far, i would also like to have access to the jenkins servers so I can
place them in salt, and then it would ease deployment of ipa-client.

Non linux hosts integration is still a open question.

- I am currently working on a project to have some of the gluster CI in
a DC with servers sponsored by RH. We got the server, and soon have a IP
address, but I would like to have some data on the bandwidht required to
have proper ressources. I do not know if we can get that from rackspace,
so discussing on irc, I proposed "munin" ( because that's the simplest I
know ), ndevos said "zabbix" and so did firemanxbr.

I indeed think zabbix would indeed be nice, but I am not a expert, is
anyone against it ?

Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin