[Gluster-infra] Instalation of jenkins plug-in

Dan Lambright dlambrig at redhat.com
Wed Dec 16 20:13:35 UTC 2015

Recently we started running regression tests automatically [1]. Each time an automatic regression is run an email is generated subject "Jenkins: regression-test-burn-in #xx".  It would be nice if the email contained a list of failed regression tests. Such functionality appears to be possible with an "email plug-in" to jenkins. The plug-in allows a script to be run after the build scripts complete.

For example, you could add a rule:

// only send an email if the word {{ERROR}} is found in build logs
build.logFile.text.readLines().any { it =~ /.*ERROR.*/ }

I plan to install this plug-in tomorrow using [2]. I've been told it is non-disruptive; please let me know if you are aware otherwise.

[1]
https://build.gluster.org/job/regression-test-burn-in/configure

[2]
https://build.gluster.org/pluginManager/available