[Gluster-infra] Rackspace VM conversion : supercolony.gluster.org

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 04:32:26 UTC 2015

Some others on the list also should have received this mail from
Rackspace. The supercolony VM, which hosts the mailing lists IIRC,
needs to be converted from a first generation VM to a second
generation vm.

This conversion can be done automatically by soft-rebooting the VM,
the docs mention that this will try to preserve everything as is. Or
we could do a manual migration. If we haven't done the migration by
5th Jan, Rackspace will do it automatically, probably using the
soft-rebooting method.

I suggest that we do this ourselves, so that we can handle any
eventualities that arise.

~kaushal